THEME: Hope for the newborn and unborn.
On 20th February 2021, CFID/CDC supported “Project Clothe A Child Organization” with free screening viral hepatitis B & C test at JAURO YINNU Ardo Kola L.G.A of Taraba State.
The project set to target and test only pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, the expected target population for both pregnant and lactating mothers was 50 women, these target groups received proper information on viral hepatitis A, B, C, D & E their mode of transmission, especially Mother-To-Child-Transmission (MTCT), Prevention and Treatment.
Blood samples collected and screened for hepatitis B & C. Below are the details:
- 38 women were tested both pregnant and breastfeeding mothers.
- 23 pregnant and 15 breastfeeding mothers were tested.
- Among the 38 women that were tested
- 4 of both Pregnant and breastfeeding women had dual infection
- 3 among the pregnant women tested positive to only HBsAg
- 2 among the pregnant women tested positive to Anti-HCV, while
- 2 of the breastfeeding mothers tested positive to only HBsAg,
- 4 among the breastfeeding mothers tested positive to only Anti-HCV.
All positive cases both Hepatitis B & C were referred to CDC for further evaluation and possible treatment.
HEALTH TALK DURING OUTREACH AND ANSWER QUESTIONS FROM PARTICIPANTS
BLOOD SAMPLE COLLECTION FROM A PREGNANT WOMAN
BLOOD SAMPLE COLLECTION FROM A LACTATING MOTHER